- This event has passed.
CARAT in partnership with PACES and OCOBEAL
May 28, 2016 @ 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm BST
BLACK LABOUR FREEDOMFIGHTERS IN BRITISH HISTORY AND THEIR RELEVANCE AT PRESENT?
Then contact Kwame or Althea of CARAT@MDR on Tel: 07949-230-618
to register for the following event of
CARAT in partnership with PACES and OCOBEAL:
OKRAKE-SRECOLL Programme Series
Pan-Afrikan Internationalist Solidarity Action Learning Concourses
on the Theme:
“BLACK LABOUR FREEDOMFIGHTING EXPERIENCES FOR PAN-AFRIKAN LIBERATORY ADVANCEMENT TOWARD GLOBAL JUSTICE”
An AFRIKAN LIBERATION AWARENESS MONTH (ALAM) Special Seminar
Films Open Review Discussions (3pm-4.30pm);
Solidarity Messages (4.30pm-5.30pm):
From e.g. the Convention People’s Party of Ghana (CPP-Ghana); the Economic Freedom Fighters of South Africa (EFF-South Africa); the United Front for Progress of Yurumein/SVG (UFP-Y/SVG); the West Papua Solidarity Campaign (WPSC); etc.
Seminar with Lead-Discussants (6pm-9.30pm):-
(1) “Lessons from the Osagyefo Kwame Nkrumah Experience of Black Labour Freedomfighting in and beyond Britain” by Explo Nani-Kofi, International Coordinator, KILOMBO Centre for Citizens’ Rights and African Self-Determination, Peki, Volta Region, Ghana;
(2) “Afro-Asian Labour Freedomfighting Decolonizational Internationalist Solidarity Experiences for Global Justice Conscientization Today ” by Sumana Nandi, Coordinator-General, Our Communities Deserve Better Campaign (OCDBC), Delhi, India;
(3) “Indigenous Peoples’ Labour Freedomfighting Experiences from Abya Yala for Global Justice Conscientization in Europe ” by Awqa Yayra Colque, Indigenous Peoples’ Freedomfighting Action Link in United Kingdom (IPFAL-UK), London, United Kingdom;
(4) “Mary Prince, Claudia Jones, Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti and the Female Black Labour Freedomfighting Experiences for Black Power Internationalist Conscientization” by Esther Stanford-Xosei, Co-Vice-Chair, Afrikan Reparations Transnational Community of Practice (ARTCoP), London, United Kingdom; and Natoya Smith, Secretary, Afrikan Emancipation Day Reparations March Committee (AEDRMC), London, United Kingdom;
(5) “Attobah Kwodjo Enu (Ottobah Quobna Cuguano), Olaudah Equiano, William Davidson, William Cuffay, Amy Ashwood Garvey and the Experiences of Black Labour Freedomfighting Heroes and Sheroes for Pan-Afrikan Internationalist Championing of Socialist Changemaking to Win Global Justice for All” by Kofi Mawuli Klu, Co-Chair, Pan-Afrikan Community Educational Services (PACES), London, United Kingdom.
Co-Chairpersons: Beverley Wong (OCOBEAL) and Simeon Stanford (ARTCoP/OCOBEAL).
Date: Saturday, 28th May 2016.
Time: 3pm – 10pm.
Venue: May Day Rooms (MDR),
88 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1DH, London, United Kingdom.