Please share with your networks!
We are looking for someone who is engaged in political movements, imaginative, happy to multi-task and who will take initiative to pull our collective work in new directions. The aim of the role is to maintain the overall running of the organisation and the building, to increase funding streams to ensure its future, and to manage and oversee projects. The successful candidate will bring their own character and political imagination to MDR, and will possess a political sensitivity and knowledge of the current political activity in UK. You will have a collective approach to working, a high organisational capacity, including multi-tasking and working under pressure, and a track record of successful fundraising.
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm, Thursday 11th November 2021.
The main responsibilities include:
- Organising all administrative tasks relating to the hiring out of the rooms, including invoicing and collaborating with the finance worker to check and maintain payments;
- Maintaining an overview of scheduling, communications, meetings, building use;
- Overseeing and ensuring that MDR’s policies and work flows are implemented;
- Coordinating and documenting work undertaken by freelance staff;
- Coordinating and overseeing projects and MDR’s activities;
- Maintaining a list of possible funders’; writing funding applications organising their submission, and managing funded work in line with grants;
- Together with the rest of the Core staff group updating social media, programming events, participating in Building Collective meetings, and facilitating archive visits and “activation”;
- Represent MDR to the public, ie presentations at conferences and festivals;
- Lead the direction of the organisation while being responsive to political changes happening.
We encourage applications from Black people and people of colour and/or LGBTQI+ candidates.
If you are interested in the role visit here for a brief and how to apply.